The job has expired.
Whats in it for you
Apart from your salary, you’ll receive 30 Days annual leave (including bank holidays / rising to 33 Days after 12 months in the role) and be entitled to join our company contributory pension scheme where we’ll match your contribution up to 5%.
You’ll also receive a discount card with 10% off at all Booker & Makro stores plus special discount days over the course of the year of up to 20%. There’s also our Save As You Earn scheme which you can join each year which allows you to save tax free with the option to buy company shares at a discounted rate (T’s&C’s apply).
About the role
Joining the wider product supply team, you will take responsibility for achieving and maximising Company product availability targets through careful planning and working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for
- Optimise service levels to customers within business unit and the supply chain as a whole.
- Ensure that Promotional, Seasonal, Range review and New supplier activities are delivered to a required standard and on time.
- Work in partnership with Trading teams to ensure that Trading activities are identified and complement Supply-chain goals and vice versa.
- Develop relationships with Suppliers and Consolidators/Hauliers to ensure that inbound supply service levels and supplier constraints are optimised.
- Achieve stockholding and wastage budgets for own product category and ensure appropriate actions are taken without impacting supply.
You will need
Essential qualifications: GCSE or equivalent Maths and English grade C or above.
Desirable: Suitable supply chain professional qualification or an interest in studying for one or Educated to degree level
Work on your own initiative with a pro-active approach to tasks and be able to think outside the box when it comes to problem solving. Ideally, you will have had some previous procurement or supply chain/retail experience and some knowledge of supply chain ordering systems. Also sales forecasting experience, but full training will be given.
About The Company
Budgens & Londis are two of the UK's leading names in the independent retail food sector with over 1500 stores and a history of over 140 years of retailing excellence. We are passionate about delivering affordable, quality products and making our customers shopping experience one where we find ways to tempt them to liven up their baskets and meet their daily needs. The brands are part of the Booker Group, the UK’s leading food wholesaler.
The Group comprises Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Chef Direct, Booker India and Booker Retail Partners. Together, we are privileged to serve 1.5 million customers with a 9.5% share of the Convenience market with our Budgens, Londis, One Stop, Premier and Family Shopper brands.