This job has been closed.
Whats in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Development opportunity
- 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Cash back health care scheme
- Booker/Makro 10% discount card
- Tesco 10% discount card (after 6 months service)
- Double discount days offering 20% off
- Company contributory pension, where we will match up to 5%
- Save As You Earn scheme
About the role
An opportunity has arisen to join our IS team as an IS Analyst supporting our MIDAS system.
You will be responsible for
Within this role you will be responsible for providing high quality support to branches regarding their use of the MIDAS branch stock and sales system. Identifying areas for improvement and bringing about development change to the system.
You will need
- Be readily able to understand and relay technical jargon into meaningful communications - to ensure a common understanding amongst both business colleagues and technical areas.
- Balance several tasks across support & development areas, including liaison with third parties as well as with colleagues within Booker IS and the wider Booker Group.
- Have a sense of urgency enabling you to prioritise and escalate to other colleagues and senior managers should situations occur that require further focus or specialism.
- You will also focus on analysing how the systems and processes work, as well as adhering to rigorous testing procedures.
A quick learner and great communicator, you will have an excellent eye for detail and demonstrate a superb customer service attitude.
Full training will be given but a working knowledge of Booker/ Makro branch operations, MIDAS or Unix/Linux based operating systems would be a distinct advantage.
The ideal candidate will be reliable and efficient and have the ability to work within a strict control environment. The role will suit an individual who is enthusiastic, self-motivated, logical, possesses an eye for detail and is able to manage and balance workload tasks to completion.
This role will be required to join a rota covering 6am to 6pm Monday to Friday with rotated evening out of hours and weekend telephone support also being a requirement.
About The Company
Booker is the UK's leading food and drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses across the country and are committed to improving choice, price and service for them.