Transport Team Manager
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
We are recruiting to join our Transport Team at our Booker Retail Partner site. In this position, you will support the site management team in the efficient and cost effective management of the Transport operations.
This is a full time role working 40 hours across any 5 days from 7. Some weekend working will be required. Following initial training, shifts will rotate on a 3 week rotating pattern of:
Week 1 - Sunday to Thursday 04:00am - 12:00pm , Week 2 - Monday to Friday - 06:00am - 14:00pm, Week 3 - Monday to Friday 12:00pm - 20:00pm.
You will be responsible for
The transport team manager will manage vehicle breakdowns whilst ensuring that the impact to the retailer is kept to a minimum. You will also be responsible for analysing Tacho-graph infringement report and go through infringement with drivers as well as liaising with the Warehouse Operation to ensure timely loading and departure of loads.
Management of ensuring legal compliance with all transport legislation and in particular Driver’s hours and maintenance of the Fleet so that it is available when required for servicing and MOT’s and Defect Management of the Fleet is also a requirement of the role.
You will need
To be successful in this role you should:
Be educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) – you must have at least C or above in English & Maths
Have knowledge of the transport function within the FMCG distribution industry
Working knowledge of the business and operational aspects of supervising a depot transport operation
Knowledge of transport operations essential
Knowledge of transport legislation preferred
Knowledge of transport planning preferred
Have strong communication skills
Ability to manage & train employees
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*