Warehouse Shift Manager
The job has expired.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
Manage the effective and efficient operation of the Warehouse shift operation, enabling the required level of service to be provided to our customers at all times.
Ensure the receiving, storing, picking and dispatch of goods in the correct manner, to agreed productivity levels and within budgetary constraints, whilst maintaining a safe working environment through effective team management.
You will be responsible for
- Manage complex operational workstreams within a multi-user environment
- Manage the planning and deployment of resources, to deliver all operational requirements
- Motivate the team to meet targets and deadlines, whilst promoting a positive and rewarding work environment
- Ensure operational efficiency and customer service are at the heart of what we do
- Review and optimise KPI performance, including covering absence, productivity performance, down time and errors
- Develop team members to deliver an exceptional service level
- Manage team capabilities, skills profiles and individual colleague performance
- Effective communications across all teams and shifts
- Demonstrate an engaging presence throughout the warehouse operation; making decisions, problem-solving and balancing priorities whilst always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Deliver a proactive and preventative approach to Health & Safety
- Ensure procedural compliance and safe working practices at all times
You will need
Have managed in excess of 40+ staff in a shift based warehouse operation
Have food distribution and chilled supply chain experience
Have a proven track record of achieving targets in fast paced, highly pressured operations.
Have good written and verbal communication skills
Rotating shifts: Early (06:00 – 14:00) / Late (14:00 – 22:00)
Working 5 out of 7 days (including 1 in 8 Saturdays and 1 in 2 Sundays)
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*