Whats in it for you
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays, rising with length of service
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 5%
- Colleague discount card, offering 10% discount at Booker and Makro stores
- Tesco colleague discount card, after 6 months service
- Save As You Earn scheme
- Cash back health care schem
About the role
Reporting into the Senior Counsel, we are looking for a Junior Lawyer to work across the Booker Group as the business continues to grow and develop.
You will be responsible for
- Providing general in house counsel to all parts of the business as necessary
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts
- Drafting and amending internal precedent documents, policies and procedures
- Advising on civil and commercial litigation matters as and when required
- Effectively and efficiently dealing with and claims, complaints and other issues
- Advising on GDPR and other compliance, governance and regulatory matters, such as Health and Safety, Anti Bribery, GSCOP, MHRA or forthcoming legislation
- Maintaining your knowledge of regulatory frameworks and compliance including GDPR, MHRA, tobacco and alcohol regulatory regimes and advising the business accordingly
- Maintaining a knowledge of and the ability to apply and advise on changes in broader legislation that affect the wholesale industry, including tobacco, soft drinks and the sale of alcohol
- Assisting with legal administration
Helping the business to remain compliant with its policies to maintain 'health, safe and legal'
You will need
- To be a qualified lawyer with 2 years + PQE ideally gained in the commercial sector, experience of working in a FMCG organisation would be an advantage but is not essential
- The ability to communicate across all areas and at all levels of the business, you will be someone who can tailor your advice to fit the needs of the business and apply common sense to achieve practical solutions
- To be passionate, committed, hard-working and commercially minded
- Excellent organisational skills which allow you to manage priorities with conflicting deadlines
- Strong legal administrative skills, willing to manage all aspects of the role
About The Company
Booker if the UK's leading food and drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens, and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Whenever you join us, you'll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.