The job has expired.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- £12.60 plus shift allowance
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Hatfield Distribution Centre as a Warehouse Operative. Our Regional Distribution centres supply our 198 cash and carry sites with all their products including Fresh, Frozen and Ambient stock.
The successful applicants will be required to work 40 hours per week, working any five from seven days on a variety of shift patterns, so there will be Saturday or Sunday working dependent on rotas. Overtime is regularly available too, but not guaranteed.
The role involves manual handling of weights up to 25kg and using material handling equipment such as low level order pickers, pump/pallet trucks and reach trucks.
Please note that all candidates will have to undertake a drug and alcohol test as part of the pre-employment tests.
You will be responsible for
Picking orders for all our stores using LLOP and Pallet/Pump Trucks
Orders will be distributed by your manager
Working in an efficient and timely manner ready for goods out to process picked goods
You will need
It will be advantageous to have previous warehouse experience and have a PPT and LLOP licence, though full training will be given.
A flexible approach to their workload
An ability to work on their own, but also being a good team player
An ability to work well under pressure and as directed
Good communication skills at all levels
Good attention to detail
Good organisational skills
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*