The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Basil Hill Road DIDCOT
This job has been closed.
What's in it for you
In addition to the competitive basic pay, we offer an attractive overtime rate (time and a half), Bank Holiday rates (double pay) and a Performance Incentive Scheme which offers the possibility of earning an extra £100 weekly.
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
£11.89 - £14.86 per hour plus bonus
£1000 new starter bonus, paid £500 after 13 weeks and £500 after 26 weeks.
As a member of our warehouse team you will undertake challenging and rewarding work and play a pivotal role in ensuring we fulfil our customers' needs.
Our Booker Retail Partners site in Didcot is a 245,000 sq ft, modern, multi-temperature food service site.
There is also great scope for training, development and progression within the company.
Successful candidates will be required to work 5 days per week between Sunday and Thursday with shift hours of 06:00 hrs to 14:00 hrs (the early day shift) one week and 14:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs (the late day shift) the next week.
Limited positions are also available on the night shift with hours of 22:00 hrs to 06:00 hrs.
You will be responsible for
The picking, packing and loading of our customer food orders for delivery,
Processing goods in effectively and efficiently
Performing stock checks as and when necessary
Replenishing the DC with goods in stock
Performing the necessary hygiene checks
You will need
We are looking for flexible, reliable people with a 'can do' attitude and great team working ethics who will support Booker Retail Partners in achieving its aim to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
A basic understanding of Health and Safety is essential, along with a good standard of literacy and numeracy skills.
The following are desirable, however, full training is provided regardless of prior experience:
previous warehouse experience
LLOP or PPT truck experience
counterbalance truck license / experience
FLT license / experience
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*