Tranport Clerk - NIght Shift
Whats in it for you
As a Transport Clerk at Chef Direct you will have a pivotal role in supporting the operations of the Transport Department by liaising with our drivers, managers and the customer service team, supporting managers to ensure departmental KPIs are met and ensuring legal compliance within the department.
At Chef Direct we offer a supportive and rewarding work environment, the opportunity for progression and development, as well as a competitive rate of pay (plus night shift premium applied to the role's core, contractual hours) and the following employee benefits:
- Colleague discount at our Booker Wholesale and Makro stores
- Group Pension Scheme membership
- Company healthcare scheme
- Company sharesave scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free uniform
About the role
We are seeking to appoint an administrator to join our Transport Office team, performing duties such as customer delivery administration, driver debriefs and communicating with customer services regarding deliveries.
The position is available on a temp to perm basis (expected minimum length 6 months), on our night shift, working 10.00pm to 6.00am, Sunday to Thursday.
Reporting to the shift Transport Section Managers, the Clerks contribute to the department's success by addressing issues as they arise and ensuring KPI’s are continually met.
You will be responsible for
- Communicating with drivers throughout the shift to obtain updates and progress against delivery timescales.
- Ensuring correct paperwork and Proof of Delivery's are issued and returned to drivers.
- Communicating with the Warehouse and other departments to ensure any dispatch issues are dealt with and managed, as required.
- Manning the brief / debrief desk and ensuring good delivery of customer service to both Booker and agency drivers.
You will need
- Previous experience within an administration environment will be erquired (although full training will be provided).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and confidence in communicating across all levels of seniority within an organisation. along with the ability to bridge the gap between technical language and the end users, will be required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team working ability are essential.
- Strong organizational skills and time management techniques to balance priorities effectively whilst managing multiple work streams to tight time lines.
- The ability to follow instructions, using your own initiative and assisting in multiple functions.
- Previous experience within a transport distribution department would be highly preferable, but is not essential.
About The Company
Chef Direct, a growing business that specifically caters for the unique needs of foodservice operators, is part of Booker Ltd, the UK's largest food wholesaler.
From the company headquarters at the Didcot Distribution Centre (a 245,000 sq ft, modern, multi-temperature food service site) Chef Direct services the national accounts it holds with its customers in the foodservice industry.