The following content displays a map of the jobs location - 41 Battersea Park Road Nine Elms
This job has been closed.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
The working hours/pattern for this role will be discussed and confirmed at interview. Please note that we are a 7-day operation and therefore offer a variety of flexible working patterns to fit personal circumstances and support work and family demands whilst meeting the needs of the business and our customers.
* Due to the nature of the role, applicants must be over 18 years of age.
About the role
We are looking for experienced Butchers to run our Butchery Departments like their own business. This is an exciting role where you will work with customers to develop their business, understand your local market and provide them with great service.
This role gives you the flexibility to run a butchery business without the financial risk. We want someone who has good product knowledge of all meat proteins, who is self-motivated with a desire to succeed.
You will be responsible for
Maintaining high standards in all areas including; stock, food safety procedures including recording information, fresh meat and pre-packed meat displays, staff morale and customer satisfaction
You will work alongside the Store Manager to develop a business plan that will support the growth in sales and profitability of your department
Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, accepting orders, and offering helpful advice with a smile
Ordering and managing stock - including stocktaking
Effectively developing and managing a small team including staff rota’s
Cutting meat to order
Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment
Coordinating deliveries or order pickups
About The Company
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler and the UK’s leading catering butcher.
We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*