The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Waldrist Way, Belvedere,
Shunter - Part Time
This job has been closed.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
You will be responsible for
Working as part of the transport team in achieving divisional targets you will provide a first class service ensuring vehicles are moved safely around the yard on and off loading bays, then parking them safely and preparing them for departure.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be aware and adhere to all driving legislation required for driving a LGV Class 1 or Class 2 vehicle and follow all Health & Safety procedures and be responsible for your own and other people’s Health and Safety
- Checking vehicle defects and any faults that cannot be repaired locally are reported via the relevant channels to be repaired.
- Vehicles are washed inside and out as per wash rota
- Yard and wash area is kept clean and tidy with regular checks as per cleaning schedule
- You will comply at all times with all relevant legislation in food safety and chill chain standards and ensure that the fridge is set to the correct temperature for the job being done.
- Ensure all vehicles are loaded correctly
- Vehicles are dekitted and any returns are dealt with correctly. Returned pallets and trays are loaded onto trunk trailer for return to Royton.
- Backhaul or stock returns loaded but not logged on inter depot manifests
- Reporting any health and safety issues on vehicles and in your working environment
There will be an occasional need for offsite travel to collect vehicles from workshops as required and other ad hoc duties including supporting the trunking operation if and when required.
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*