The following content displays a map of the jobs location - 11 Greycaine Road WATFORD
This job has been closed.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
This is a full time position working 38 hours per week with shifts Sunday to Thursday 10am-6pm
You will be expected to ensure our customers’ needs are exceeded at all times while working in a number of areas of the store, so no two days will be the same. Whether it’s filling shelves, serving on the tills, ensuring we have the right amount of stock or maybe picking deliveries … the opportunities are endless, but everything you do matters … ensuring our customers get everything they came for, served quickly and efficiently.
Someone with a real can-do attitude who is passionate about delivering excellent customer service and willing to go the extra mile for our customers.
You will be responsible for
Responsible for the accurate picking and dispatch of goods by picking against a hand held terminal and advising Manager of any differences.
Checking quality, shelf life and ensuring packaging is robust in preparation for Delivery.
Responsible for providing a high standard of customer service by processing deliveries efficiently and to target.
Being polite when dealing with delivery staff and responding appropriately to queries and complaints referring any complex situations to someone who can help.
You will need
A can do attitude and feel comfortable working to meet designated pick rates.
A passion for customer service and be willing to go the extra mile when it comes to serving our valued customers.
Always be there, on time and properly presented.
About The Company
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*