The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Sundorne Retail Park Unit A, Arlington Way SHREWSBURY
This job has been closed.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
Looking for a career in Wholesale Store Management? We are currently looking for self starters who have a sound operational understanding of managing a store, are comfortable to make decisions whilst maintaining a compliant and safe operation.
You will be responsible for
Reporting to the Area Manager, your role will be responsible for leading a team to ensure that your branch is trading efficiently, safely, within legal constraints and offers the highest customer service standards. You will be dedicated to keeping customers happy, take pride in your work, have a proven record of managing a team to success, have an enthusiastic attitude and a driving ambition to be the best at whatever you do.
From day one you can expect to be trusted with real responsibility, working within a team of people that will give you the support to give our customers what they need, when they need it.
You will need
To be successful in this position you will need retail/wholesale experience, not necessarily from a food background. You will be familiar with operational procedures, able to demonstrate success and not be afraid to get stuck in.
We offer a real opportunity to develop and grow your career across our Booker Group.
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*