The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Witham Green
Area Manager - Boston
The job has expired.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
As a Store Manager at Booker, you’ll be free to use your skills to help our business grow. It’s an exciting opportunity to really let your talent shine. And best of all, it’s not just Booker that benefits. A big part of your role will be making sure we’re meeting customers’ needs, by building a rapport with local business owners, seeking them out and listening to what they want. From cafes, pubs, restaurants and caterers to retailers like corner shops and newsagents, you’ll help all kinds of businesses to thrive. And that’s a fantastic feeling.
Booker is no ordinary retailer. Our stores, or Business Centres as we refer to them, work mostly with local B2C customers, which means they have a positive impact in the towns and communities where they’re based. We offer much more than just the right products at the right price. We also take our customer relationships to the next level, for example recycling fat for a local fish and chip shop or providing support to a fledgling business.
You will be responsible for
As Store Manager, you’re passion for the business will help you inspire your team to perform at their very best, while supporting managers, driving sales and taking total responsibility for when things go right… and wrong. You may have worked in Retail before; maybe a wholesale business. Or perhaps you’ve run your own establishment such as a restaurant or pub. Whatever your background, you’ll be commercially-minded and as determined as we are to offer the best choice, price and service. Your first priority will be ‘health-safe-legal’, as we like to say here at Booker. In other words, running a secure, legal store that meets health and safety regulations. With these essentials in place, you’ll be encouraged to use your expertise to raise customer satisfaction. We believe the secret to growing profits is total customer focus. That means being proactive and using your initiative to improve the customer experience. Get it right, and it won’t just be their business that goes from strength to strength but your store too.
You will need
To excel, you need some experience in the food sector plus the ability to build a rapport with customers. You must also be a great manager who can shape and develop teams. Driven and disciplined with a keen eye for detail, you’ll be a natural multi-tasker who’s at home on the shop floor and in a broader fast-paced business that includes online and delivery services. Above all, you’ll feel passionately about your store and responsible for its success.
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*