The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Salmon Fields, Oldham
This job has been closed.
What's in it for you
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing
- 10% discount at Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at all Pizza Express & Pizza Hut Restaurants (exc. buffet & deals)
- 25% discount at selected Burger King restaurants
- Contributory Pension.
- 1 year life assurance for all colleagues; or 3 years if you join the pension scheme
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family & the opportunity to join a healthcare cash plan
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including cinema vouchers & a cycle to work scheme
- A great holiday package – 29 days pro rata
About the role
We are looking for a Warehouse Manager to join our team with a real can-do attitude who can ensure the efficient and cost-effective management of the warehouse department which operates days and nights.
We are pleased to welcome applications from candidates with a experience in process and cultural change management.
You will be responsible for
- To manage the warehouse function in a cost effective and efficient manner, whilst ensuring that goals are attained to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Leading a culture where all colleagues are engaged and motivated to work to the best of their ability to achieve all targets and suggesting ideas to improve the operation.
- Effective management of staff performance levels in addition to the monitoring of all warehouse KPI’s to ensure targets are consistently met within cost parameters. Identifying training needs and developing individuals within the warehouse team to reach their full potential.
- Attendance management to
- To deliver cost effective solutions to ensure that the warehouse operates in line with strategic and financial objectives.
- Develop capability of team managers through advising and coaching on behaviour and competence.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety standards, legislation, and company internal / external audits.
This role isn’t just about ensuring that customer expectations and company goals are achieved, it is about enhancing the culture where our people make it happen. With a department of approx. 200 colleagues you will lead and develop and motivate your team to work to the best of their ability, ensuring company targets are reached.
You will need
- Are you enthusiastic, committed & driven to achieve effective results and reach all targets?
- Can you ensure the cost effective and efficient running of the warehouse operation whilst maintaining a first class service to all our customers?
- Do you have the ability to thrive when working under pressure, taking pride in your work and look at ways to improve not only your own performance but that of the team and business as a whole?
- Can you demonstrate previous success working within a similar fast moving environment?
- Ability to lead a multi-skilled team to get the best results, creating an inclusive environment?
- Do you have effective communication skills and a competent user of Microsoft Office?
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*