The following content displays a map of the jobs location - 2-4 Dewar Close, Segensworth West, FAREHAM
Transport Driver Trainer
This job has been closed.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
Our new Fareham Distribution Centre is your opportunity to be a part of something special and help shape the future of Booker!
We are opening a new site in Fareham! Our new Distribution Centre will be a 117,000 sq ft modern DC that will be moving up to 270,000 cases per week and will be servicing our group customers across both retail and catering such as Londis, Budgens, Premier and Shell
Your duties within the role will be:
Working within the depot reporting to the Transport Operations Manager, the Driver Assessor / Trainer will ensure that all training including working processes, manual handling, LGV driver training is delivered to the required standard and training records are maintained for all Colleagues as well as assessing new and existing drivers to assess driving competency.
You would be responsible for delivering professional training and development whilst supporting Managers and Colleagues in the daily performance of their duties. During peak times you may be required to carry out routes or other reasonable tasks to support business needs including making deliveries to stores. The role may involve occasional travel to deliver training to other areas of the business and for personal development, including training and meetings.
You will be responsible for
Support, implement and drive all relevant Health and Safety policies / changes to policies and safe practices;
Regular monitoring of Driving Colleagues at the RSC and delivery points;
Deliver and support managers and colleagues on all transport and drivers tasks / process training to the required standard;
Updating of Training Files;
Safety Week support;
Supporting weekly audits;
Support Hazard and Near Miss Card Reports / Accident Investigations.
You will need
A Driver Training qualification or working towards one
Ability to use Excel, PowerPoint and Word documents.
Good Presentation Skills to groups and individuals.
Working knowledge of large goods vehicles and other relevant legislation.
A good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
A passionate and professional approach to health, safety and training, displaying credibility and presence within the workplace.
A good technical understanding of large goods vehicles and transport operational requirements.
A good attention to detail an accuracy with an ability to work on your own initiative.
Good communication at all levels and organisational skills.
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*