The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Wainwright Road Unit 1, Knightsbridge Park WORCESTER
Customer Service Supervisor
This job has been closed.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
This role will put you at the fore front of our Business Centre. It is a fast moving, challenging role that will give you great exposure to our vibrant customer base where you will have a direct influence over the service that we provide. Not only will you be managing a team in excess of 40 colleagues you will play a key role within the store's management team, assuming the role of Duty Manager at points throughout the week.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a successful team where you can kick start a career in Food Wholesaling.
You will be responsible for
Ensuring that the team comply with legal standards and company procedures at all times.
Ensuring that your team are fully trained in cash handling to minimise losses
Controlling debt and recover overdue or failed payments from customers
Maintaining accurate and timely payroll records.
Engaging with customers to prevent or resolve customer issues and complaints, utilising their feedback to improve customer service and satisfaction
Liaising with other department Supervisors to monitor orders for delivery
Managing a team of customer focused individuals throughout reception and checkout area
You will need
To be successful in this role your skills and experience will include:
Passionate about providing exceptional customer service
Flexible, adaptable and enjoys working with, as well as managing a team
An excellent communicator and have some experience in supervising or managing a team.
Practical experience in the retail trade
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*