The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Unit A Pret, RD Park, Hoddesdon
Transport Assistant Shift Manager (Nights)
This job has been closed.
What's in it for you
Benefits: Pension, 29 days Holiday, Healthcare Cash Plan, Personal Accident Scheme.
The additional Benefits of being part of the BEST team!
- 10% Tesco discount, which increases to 15% for 4 days every 4 weeks (all discounts apply to home delivery)
- 20% discount on F&F Clothing & Tesco Café
- 10% Booker discount
- 25% discount at all Pizza Express & Pizza Hut Restaurants (exc. buffet & deals)
- 25% discount at selected Burger King restaurants
- Contributory pension
- 1 year life assurance for all colleagues; or 3 years if you join the pension scheme
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family & the opportunity to join a healthcare cash plan
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including cinema vouchers & a cycle to work scheme
A great holiday package – 29 days pro rata
About the role
We are looking for an Assistant Shift Manager to join our team who has a real can-do attitude, is passionate about delivering excellent customer service and willing to go the extra mile for our customers.
- Do you have the ability to engage and motive a team to work to the best of their ability?
- Can you build good team relationships and identify individual training needs?
- Do you possess first class organisation and people management skills?
- Are you well organised, self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision?
- Do have excellent knowledge using Microsoft word and excel?
- Are you dedicated and flexible with your working hours to meet the demands of this challenging role?
- Do you have experience managing a team within a fast-paced transport department, ensuring legal compliance is adhered to at all times?
If you have answered yes to all the above and want to be part of the BEST team, then we may have the perfect role for you.
We are looking for a high calibre applicant to support the Shift Managers to lead, develop and motivate our team of multi-drop drivers. Working within this dynamic department you will ensure that our large, fast moving transport operation runs smoothly and efficiently, by achieving optimum service levels across all contracts whilst working to specific KPI’s.
You will be responsible for
- You will manage the demands of the busy shift, dealing with problems that may arise in a professional, effective, and timely manner.
- Communicate effectively at all levels to ensure relevant information is shared and process is completed effectively.
- Ensure all aspects of legislation relating to commercial vehicles (including tachograph and driver’s hour’s regulations) and managed effectively.
- Support the attendance management process in line with policy
- Ensure that all routes are covered and leave the depot at the agreed departure time.
- Assist in the management of staffing levels and monitoring standards which support the achievement of our objectives.
- Ensure legal compliance if adhered to at all times.
Hours of work:
20.00pm - 08.00am, 4 on 4 off shift, 48 hours per week.
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*