The following content displays a map of the jobs location - 57 Stockingswater Lane ENFIELD
Account Manager- Catering
This job has been closed.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
Something exciting is happening at Booker! Come and join the fastest-growing food and drink wholesaler in the UK!!
We continue to grow! We have ambitious growth plans, which means we are expanding our outstanding team of Catering Development Managers. As a Catering Development Manager, you won’t be tied to a desk. You’ll be our field-based culinary expert, cultivating strong relationships with our customers to help them grow their business and establish Booker as their first choice for catering. You’ll undoubtedly be able to spot an opportunity, bringing the best of Booker to provide catering solutions that suit our customers’ needs. Keeping your ears to the ground, you’ll be able to make sure your customer’s voices are heard in the wider business, as we strive for continuous improvement.
The customer as at the heart of everything that we do at Booker.
As the fastest-growing food and drink wholesaler, we provide a one-stop, multi-temperature delivered solution including Ambient, Chilled, Frozen, and Fresh Produce, Alcohol and Meat across a national network to a wide variety of catering customers, including pubs, hotels, restaurants, fast food and the cost sector. We are the UK’s leading Catering Butcher, with over 20% of the UK’s master butchers working for us, offering expert advice to increase our customer's menu options and their profits. Our best-in-class reputation is based on providing our customers with excellent choices, price and service. Our current year-on-year growth and ambitious expansion plans offer our team excellent career opportunities across the Booker group.
You will need
The ideal candidate:
- A Food Enthusiast: We’re looking for someone whose love for food is contagious.
- Cool Under Pressure: We want someone who can keep their cool and shine under pressure.
- Master Communicator: We’re after someone with extraordinary communication skills.
- Business Savvy: An excellent sense of commercial awareness is essential.
- Negotiator Extraordinaire: You’re not just good at negotiating; you’re confident in making business decisions.
- Self-Starter: If you’re self-motivated and can excel autonomously, you’re the one we want.
- Team Player: While you can work solo, you’re also an influential and collaborative force within our team.
- Master of Time Management: You can juggle multiple tasks and never miss a beat. Your organisational and time management skills are top-notch.
- Empathetic Listener: You don’t just hear; you listen and show empathy. It’s a vital part of how you connect with others.
- Champion of Adaptability: In a world where change is constant, your adaptability is your secret weapon. You thrive in ever-evolving environments.
If you embody these qualities, we’d love to hear from you. Join our team and be a key ingredient in our recipe for success.
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*