The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Hallwood Ave, Haydock ind. Estate off Millfield Lane ST HELENS
Warehouse Operative - Weekend Shift
The job has expired.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for warehouse operatives to join Booker on a permanent contract with 16 week probationary period. Colleagues will be required to work an average of 38 hours per week.
HRT (High Reach Truck) and Fork lift skills are desirable but not essential. Suitable candidates could be offered HRT (High Reach Truck) training once performance requirements are met.
The available rota is:
You will be responsible for
- To receive, pick and load goods correctly in accordance with safe standards of work instructions
- To operate all manual and mechanical handling equipment correctly and safely to avoid damage to goods, property or people.
- Daily pre-equipment checks before use, reporting any faults immediately to a manager.
- Report dangerous stacking, racking damage, obstructions and any other danger or irregularities immediately to a manager.
- Assist in the issue of any paperwork, documentation as required.
- Action re-coup of damaged stock as requested by manager.
- Undergo any training when required by the Company.
- Any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business.
You will need
- Numeracy and literacy
- Experience within warehouse chambers
· Handle goods carefully and comply with safety regulations
· Ensure goods are not damaged through mis-handling or faulty storing or stacking
· Flexible and versatile
· Able to produce quality standard of work
Candidates should be aware that the role is subject to change, in line with changing business needs, and therefore must be receptive to undertaking other departmental or Company tasks as required, and in line with their training.
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*