The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Hatfield Business Park, Frobisher Way, Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
This job has been closed.
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
In the Booker Distribution centres, the purpose of the warehouse is to receive and store goods, and this predominantly consists of food, beverage and household items. The orders are picked by our warehouse operatives who work to safety standards. These are transitioned to our Transport department who will distribute to our customers. This is a fast moving consumer goods environment.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Hatfield Distribution Centre in our Transport Department as a Transport Clerk to work in our busy logistics office to carry out general administration including store delivery administration, driver debriefs, legal compliance and communications with stores regarding deliveries. They will report to the Transport Section Manager and contribute to the Department’s success by ensuring KPI’s are continually met.
This is a permanent role working any 5 days over 7, full time, 06.00 hrs to 14.00 hrs.
Please note that all candidates will have to undertake a drug and alcohol test as part of the pre-employment tests.
Please only apply if you are within a commutable distance to Hatfield, Hertfordshire. We do not accept applications from overseas and nor do we sponsor overseas applicants.
You will be responsible for
- Being the first point of contact for all Booker drivers and agency drivers, ensuring all are fully briefed/debriefed and correct paperwork and Proof of Deliveries are issued and returned.
- Liaising with drivers throughout the shift to ensure progress on deliveries.
- Communicating with the Warehouse and other departments to ensure any dispatch issues are dealt with and managed as required.
- Manning the brief / debrief desk and ensuring good delivery of customer service to both Booker and agency drivers.
You will need
- Good organisational skills, including prioritising work-load.
- Good computer working and knowledge skills working with Microsoft Office programmes.
- Complete understanding of drivers’ hours and tachograph regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good numeracy and keyboard skills.
- Strong administration skills are required with good communication skills, this role relies heavily on being able to communicate with several different people groups.
- Be fluent in good spoken and written English language.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Good time and attendance.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Some training will be provided to help you to integrate into the department.
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*