Customer Services Advisor
This job has been closed.
Whats in it for you
At Chef Direct delivering excellent customer service is key to the success of our business.
As a Customer Service Advisor at Chef Direct you will have a pivotal role in ensuring that our customers needs are met and expectations exceeded.
You will be the interface between customers and our operational team, liaising not only with customers directly, but with all areas of the operation from the transport team, our goods-in and goods-out desks, stock control and the warehouse management team within the Didcot Distribution Centre.
At Chef Direct we offer a supportive and rewarding work environment, competitive rates of pay and the following employee benefits:
- Colleague discount at our Booker Wholesale and Makrostores
- Colleague discount at Tesco stores
- Group Pension Scheme membership
- Company healthcare scheme
- Company sharesave scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free uniform
About the role
We are seeking two new Customer Services Advisors to assist the Customer Services team in providing a consistently excellent and proactive service, managing and exceeding customers expectations and ensuring we meet agreed deadlines and delivery times.
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday with some Saturdays and Bank Holidays on a rota basis.
We are looking for proactive, versatile people with a professional, can do attitude and strong customer service ethic.
You will be responsible for
Main tasks include:
Effective inbox management and prioritisation of a high volume of time-sensitive emails
Efficiently processing customer correspondence and taking ownership of queries and complaints
Administrative tasks including data entry and filing
Handling and processing data with a high level of accuracy
Contributing to the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
Managing relationships and building rapport with named customer accounts and internal colleagues
Conducting customer surveys by phone
You will need
Skills / Requirements:
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to remain calm, maintain high standards and work effectively under pressure
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting to resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Interpretation of data/information and effective application of knowledge
- Strong organisational skills and time management techniques to balance priorities effectively whilst managing multiple work streams to tight time lines
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities and effectively utilise tools available to achieve and maintain an efficient way of working
- Uses own initiative and able to consider all options available before escalating and seeking advice
- A good team player who works proactively with others, providing help and support as required
- An understanding of finance processes
- Understanding the wider business and seeing the bigger picture, anticipating issues and taking preventative action
- Effective objection handling/conflict management skills
- A good standard of Microsoft Office Excel is required as a minimum.
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE standard / NVQ level 2, or equivalent, in English and Maths
- Previous experience in a customer service environment would be highly desirable
About The Company
Founded in 1835, Booker Group is the UK’s leading food wholesaler and merged with Tesco PLC in March 2018. Booker has over 13,000 colleagues serving a total of 1.2 million customers across the UK and India.
The Booker Group comprises Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud, Chef Direct, Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens, Londis and Booker India.
Chef Direct, a growing business that specifically caters for the unique needs of foodservice operators, is part of Booker Ltd, the UK's largest food wholesaler. From the company headquarters at the Didcot Distribution Centre (a 245,000 sq ft, modern, multi-temperature food service site) Chef Direct services the national accounts it holds with its customers within the foodservice industry.