This job has been closed.
Whats in it for you
At Booker Group we offer excellent benefits that help make our business a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to;
A great holiday package
Life Assurance Scheme
Save As You Earn Scheme
Give As You Earn Scheme
Free eye tests and subsidised eye care
A commitment to your career development
Discounted shopping in both Tesco and Booker stores
Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile and Tesco Bank
Deals & Discounts through many other external businesses
Free on-site parking
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced personal / executive assistant to join our Team in Retail as a Personal Assistant. You’ll have responsibility for multiple directors and work closely with the senior leadership teams. Booker Retail is part of the wider Booker Group which is also part of the Tesco Group.
This role will be based at our Wellingborough Head Office and will require travel one day per week to our Harefield Head Office.
You will be responsible for
- Proactive diary management, including arranging meetings internally and externally, flagging and resolving clashes, planning in order to make most efficient use of Directors’ time.
- Working with Directors to understand theirs and their team’s priorities, and strategically plan diary and upcoming commitments accordingly
- Comprehensive action and minute taking, ensuring all important actions and decisions are captured and followed up as required.
- Preparing additional presentations and supporting paperwork in advance of the meetings, setting agenda and chasing outstanding actions
- Coordination of and attendance at customer listening groups (travel required across the UK)
- Coordination of and attendance at Retail Conferences and Trade Shows
- Management of function invoicing and purchase order raising
- Management of monthly timesheet reporting.
- Ad hoc project work to cover a range of initiatives. The individual will have the scope to identify & own various projects in line with current business needs
You will need
- Full driving licence
- Organised, structured and have strong planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Able to effectively plan and prioritise both own workload and that of Directors.
- Able to travel across the UK as required to attend meetings
- Adaptable and resilient, able to work proactively
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have relevant experience in a similar role
- Happy for regular travel between our offices based in Wellingborough and Harefield
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*