This job has been closed.
Whats in it for you
Real opportunities for progression across the Booker Group with many of our Butchery Mangers moving into Store Management roles.
We operate a 5/7 day operation and opening times can vary from Branch to Branch. Please visit www.booker.co.uk and select Branch Locator to find the current opening times.
About the role
We are looking for experienced Commercial Butchers to run our Butchery Departments like their own business.
- Ensure that the Butchery Department complies with all legal and company standards.
- Engage with Customers, building relationships with them to understand their business and their needs.
- Manage a team and relish the opportunity to train Butchers with the support of internal Butchery Apprentice scheme.
- Use your expertise to generate new customers, develop existing customers business and grow Butchery for Booker Group.
- Responsible for butchery sales & profit
- Manage a team to provide the highest customer service and merchandising standards
- Ensure compliance to health and safety and legal requirements
You will be responsible for
Reporting to: Area Manager
You will have:
- Previously ran your own Butcher shop or coached and developed a team of Butchers
- Commercial awareness and the understanding of yields and costs
- Proven ability to manage profit and loss margins.
- Excellent customer service and cutting skills
- Experience of working with carcases and knowledge of businesses within your local area is an advantage but not essential
About The Company
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from 196 locations across the country, and are committed to improving choice, price and service for them.