This job has been closed.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Supervisor to join our team. You will be accountable for the day to day running of a busy delivery operation. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of drivers and pickers, motivating them to achieve their daily targets. We are passionate about customer satisfaction. Excellent telephone and customer service skills will be required.
You will be responsible for
Ensure the Delivered Department is compliant with Company policy and procedures, taking a consistent approach with all team members.
Ensure important management information is communicated out to all relevant team members
Supervise and maintain a safe working environment for all colleagues and customers, reporting any Health &Safety concerns to the Store Management team.
Passionately promote and drive brand image through knowledge of product, excellent customer service and by ensuring that company guidelines are followed at all times.
Support the delivery manager in ensuring all vehicles are roadworthy and legally compliant
Supervise, plan and co-ordinate to ensure all tasks are completed in an effective and timely manner
You will need
Experience of supervising a small to medium sized team, in either warehouse or transport
Experience of working in a customer focused environment
Management CPC would be advantageous
About The Company
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*