Warehouse Operations Clerk - Night Shift 22:00 - 06:00
This job has been closed.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- 50% off complete glasses purchases and free eye tests at Vision Express.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About the role
We are recruiting for Operations Clerks within our Warehouse Team. In the role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the administration of your department is completed as well as supporting the department with any operational activities as required. There will also be times when you will need to support the Warehouse team.
You’ll work closely with the Senior Operations Clerks, Team Managers to ensure that all paperwork within your team is completed accurately & goods within the warehouse function are received properly. The successful candidate will be an advocate for Health & Safety and ensure that all Warehouse Operatives are communicated to with relevant information, and support with equipment queries
You will need
To be successful in the role, you’ll have impeccable communication skills, be able to use a computer including the MS Office suite to an intermediate standard, be comfortable with data entry and ideally have some previous experience administrative.
To really excel, you’ll have already gained time management and organisation skills and have the ability to work on your own initiative. This role is all about making sure everything is accurately recorded, so attention to details is key.
About The Company
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro Wholesale, Booker Retail Partners, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Best Food Logistics. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*